• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Borna

Borna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

Hi guys, I am one of the lighting guys at school and was rigging some of the lights up, when I realised when I put lights on any ports that were Phase B none would work. I also get a message "Phase B Failed" on the LCD screen; we fixed it after about 10 minutes of fiddling with the buttons but after 5 minutes it said the same thing when we were plugging in lights.

Any help?

Urgently,

Borna.

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:09 PM

Hi,

Normally the Phase fail light indicates that there is no voltage on that phase. If it coming on/off, particularly as you add more ligths, then I suspect a loose connection somewhere in your rig, either inside the dimmer rack or in the supply wiring. You really need an electrician with a multimeter to trace down where the problem is located.

To get yourself out of trouble will require re-patching and programming your show to work on the remaining 8 channels. Not easy or fun, but it is the only easy way out until you get a sparkie on site.
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#3 PhantomD

PhantomD

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Theatre Sound + Lighting, ICT, computing.

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:04 AM

unsure.gif
Tell me and I will forget Show me and I will remember Involve me and I will understand

#4 TheDawnOfAllWars

TheDawnOfAllWars

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:29 AM

Bit of a late response, but it may help others in the future.

I have found that with some old Jands dimmers (never had the issue with a LSC dimmer) a power cycle can sometimes make it happy again.

One musical a while ago we lost Phase 3 on our 3rd dimmer once every few scenes - and quick power cycle sorted it out every time...

Again, never had to try it on a LSC dimmer...

Owen Hardman
Technical Manager
The Lind Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users