Technical Manager
The Lind Theatre

#2 PhantomD

PhantomD

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Theatre Sound + Lighting, ICT, computing.

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

Have you checked out the new site too?
Tell me and I will forget Show me and I will remember Involve me and I will understand

#3 TheDawnOfAllWars

TheDawnOfAllWars

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:40 AM

yeah and tried to edit my post but i lost connectivity to the site lol

looks great smile.gif

Owen Hardman
Technical Manager
The Lind Theatre

#4 PhantomD

PhantomD

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

The one problem I do seem to be experiencing with this new skin is that the forum software does not like to keep me logged in.

I seem to have to re-login virtually every time I visit the page, and I DO ask it to remember me for the next time.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 3.
Tell me and I will forget Show me and I will remember Involve me and I will understand

#5 garyP

garyP

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the nice comments on the site. We are happy with the result.

PhantomD we will look into the issue you report.
The change of skin coincided with the forum's integration with the rest of the website and it is my guess that it is something to do with the integration rather than the skin.

Gary

#6 jb595

jb595

• Beta Testers
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:36 PM

just to note i have the same problem as PhantomD. i am using V3.1.2 Safari,

thanks,
Jake

#7 TheDawnOfAllWars

TheDawnOfAllWars

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (garyP @ 19 Oct 2008, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Thanks for the nice comments on the site. We are happy with the result.

PhantomD we will look into the issue you report.
The change of skin coincided with the forum's integration with the rest of the website and it is my guess that it is something to do with the integration rather than the skin.

Gary

Gary,
I dare say the issue could have to do with the cookie name that IPB is looking for. Whoever intergrated the forum with the website may have altered this somewhere inadvertantly (sp?) thus causing the problem.

QUOTE (jb595 @ 20 Oct 2008, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just to note i have the same problem as PhantomD. i am using V3.1.2 Safari,

thanks,
Jake

Jake,
I dare say everyone is (I know I am tongue.gif)

Owen Hardman
Technical Manager
The Lind Theatre

#8 PhantomD

PhantomD

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

But Owen if that happened I'm not sure the software would even log you in in the first place...

If I view the forum in the same few hours then it works fine - is the cookie expiring prematurely?

Maybe LSC have fixed it already biggrin.gif ; it worked just now. I wouldn't be surprised!

#9 TheDawnOfAllWars

TheDawnOfAllWars

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

Damo,

Maybe not. Depends on a few things lol but you're right it could well be expiring prematurely.

Owen Hardman
Technical Manager
The Lind Theatre

#10 Matt Noyes

Matt Noyes

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:18 AM

Hi LSC bulletin-boarders,

My name is Matt, the guy who created the new site and the bulletin board upgrade. This is an odd problem - I haven't figured it out yet. The Bulletin Board software has just been upgraded so that could be it but I'll have a look at this from a few angles; bear with me biggrin.gif

Can you tell me, where are you logging in? Is it from the LSC website or from the bulletin board? This is a critical piece of information. If you are logging in from the bulletin board more than once and still being logged out that at least lets me know that the cookie handling problem is with the bulletin board. If it's from the website and then that is being "forgotten" on the way through to the bulletin board, that's also useful. Please let me know so I can get this resolved.

Glad you are enjoying the new site; LSC and I have worked hard on it and are excited about where it is going.

Regards, Matt

#11 PhantomD

PhantomD

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:27 AM

Yes you have done a brilliant job, it all looks very modern and functional.

I'm logging in from the forum software, I've never logged in from the main site. I do however visit it occasionally.

#12 PhantomD

PhantomD

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:54 AM

Well, if it helps, I just logged out of the forum but it stated on the main site that I was still logged in.

I deleted all cookies set by the IPB as per the option at the bottom of the page and have just logged back in to the forum via the link on the forum homepage.

#13 PhantomD

PhantomD

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:59 AM

I cannot log out of the main site. It comes up with the error shown in the image attachment.

At the time I got the error, I had logged out via the forum, but was still shown as logged in on the main site.

EDIT - downsized and compressed image attachment to fit within max attachment size of less than 50Kb.

Attached File  lscerror.gif   31.54KB   7 downloads

EDIT - If I am logged into both the site and the forum, the first time I click "logout" on the main site, it logs me out on the forum only. If I hit "logout" again, I get the above error. If I am logged into both, then the forum logs me out after a day or so of inactivity.

#14 Matt Noyes

Matt Noyes

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (PhantomD @ 25 Oct 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cannot log out of the main site. It comes up with the error shown in the image attachment.

At the time I got the error, I had logged out via the forum, but was still shown as logged in on the main site.

EDIT - downsized and compressed image attachment to fit within max attachment size of less than 50Kb.

Attached File  lscerror.gif   31.54KB   7 downloads

EDIT - If I am logged into both the site and the forum, the first time I click "logout" on the main site, it logs me out on the forum only. If I hit "logout" again, I get the above error. If I am logged into both, then the forum logs me out after a day or so of inactivity.

Thanks PhantomD - appreciate the input and the screen shot. I think it's something to do with the integration. I'm going to investigate...thanks again..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users