Photo

can I Color parameter store on a red Fader as HTP not LTP?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thorsten

Thorsten

• Beta Testers
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:having time for me and for playing with my dog

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:05 PM

Hello,

well is it possible to store color paramater like CMY Parameters on red Faders for selected fixtures so that it will be possible to mix color for these fixtures over these faders? like intesity and store+level button?

Thanks

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:03 PM

No ! sad.gif

This goes against the design brief of the maXim, which is KISS (Keep It Simple Sir). The idea is that faders only ever control intensity, never LTP. Otherwise you have the situation where you do not know how a fader will respond if you walk up to a console that someone else programmed.

We think this is very dangerous. Let me explain why.

I did a backstage tour of a large Arena show last year and it was run on two identical BrandX consoles ($30k+ consoles). The tour was run by one of the console operators who showed us a few sample cues on his console, which ran the stage movers. Then he tried to show us a few cues on the other 'identical' console, which ran the conventionals, scrollers and audience movers.

The result? After 10 minutes of fiddling about he could not get even ONE light to do anything. No manual control, no cue playback, nothing. Why? The console is so 'flexible' that you can configure it to work in many different ways, to suit each indivuals working style. The result was, in my mind, a disaster. What if the other operator was hit buy a bus on the way to the show. The 2nd operator could not even recall basic cues, so the show would be cancelled.

We decided with the maXim that we wanted a console that did not have any "hidden traps" that could catch out an inexperienced user. The end result is why the console sells so well, anyone can use it. So unless someone can come up with a clever method to indicate the different fader mode and make sure that the operation of it does not catch out beginners, then it won't happen.
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#3 Don Allen

Don Allen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:43 PM

Hello Richie

I set up a red wash on patpad for six led's then saved on R1-1, green wash on patpad then saved as R1-2, blue wash on patpad then saved on R1-3, when I went to mix a stage colour, I found that these colour washes are LTP so I cannot bring up a white wash. Any suggestions on what I did wrong as it was late.

Thanks.

#4 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

You did not do anything wrong.

The maXim does not allow the red fader to proportionally control LTP levels.

The red faders only provide proportional live control of Intensity.

Everything else (i.e. all the LTP parameters, such as colours) are triggered when the fader moves above 2%, which means they fade in using the programmed fade times to the programmed level.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users