• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Adam W

Adam W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:10 PM

I've been using a Maxim M to control 24 dimmer channels and eight LED Pars. Based on some recommendations I purchased a MantraLite to replace the ageing Maxim, assuming that I could patch the dimmers to DMX channels 1-24 and the LED pars starting at DMX channel 25.

Upon setup it seems that I cannot add more than a total of 24 combined dimmer channels/fixtures. I had assumed that I would be able to patch the 24 dimmer channels on one page/layer, then the LED fixtures to a second page/layer. Is there any facility to do so without having to purchase a wing (which I don't have budget for)?

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:36 AM

The Mantra does not have paging of the yellow faders, it is one light per fader, for a total of 24 individual fixtures. This is clearly stated on the web page and in the brochure.

You can multi-patch more than one light to a fader, but when you do this they both behave identically. This is great for cyc lights or left/right pairs that don't need independent control. Maybe this will be a good compromise, pair up some of your fixtures onto faders to fit everything onto the one console.

If you want full independent control of all your fixtures then you will need a wing.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users