#1 Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

Hi guys,

I have a Max LP, sofware 3.20.

I'm very boring, since one week, i try to save my show, and the Max goes on System reset at every backup test.

My show run perfectly on venue and was early saved.

But i have adding new and modifiyng template, this all was patched on news fixtures and so on.

All my cues, scenes, chase etc worked perfect with this news fixtures/templates.

But saving show and system reset ! This reset apply after elapsed time off 30''~, display message saving show...

I'ts this news fixtures in question ?

I have removed/deleted all patch, cues, scenes, chase (palettes) was referred to old fixtures if not used.

About 20 templates loaded, 9 from this on patch.

Have everyone an idea ?

I know for trying a total reset, but before this, and for not lose my show and time to create it, if you have another solution.

For LSC R&D ! (and Gary or Richie)

I send memory file error (2 attached files MAXERROR.txt), stored system reset while saving (Entry diag mode and F/A R10).

Also last showfile before modifyng/adding new templates !

Other question, vhy the Maxim do not support more as 10 templates on patch ? I would needed for 12 or more !

I'ts not usefull for 128 templates in memory if only 10 for this can really be used ! 20 or 24 on patch where a good skill.

I think your r&d staff have no time for a new sofware release but... ! The 3.20 is very old, but several possible and/or referenced bugs could be corrected !

And the Maxim is always still in your sales catalog and for me he i'ts a great powerfull product.

Thanks for your answers and reply, (and sorry for my poor english)

Regards,

J-Marc

Attached Files

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:50 PM

From R&D

The reason that you can only include a maximum of 10 templates in a show file is due to the age of the maXim design. This console is now over 15 years old, and yet it still sells very well as it was maybe a bit ahead of it's time.

However it has a very small amount of memory compared to today's consoles, which means we need to be very careful about what we allow. One of the limits we impose is how many different lights in the one show, as this has a big effect on memory usage. Our logic is that the maXim is a mid level console and that 10 fixtures is more than enough for a mid level show. This was certainly true 15 years ago. Maybe it is a bit different today, but it is not possible to add more memory, so the 10 fixture limit must remain.

Thanks for the ERROR files. They don't tell us much, except that it is due to a memory corruption.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#3 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:51 PM

Hi Jean-Marc,

Not sure what it causing the System Reset when saving show, except that ALL system resets are caused by the background memory arbitration manager in maXim. Basically if there is some corrupt data in memory that would cause the console to crash, it performs a quick restart - which means you don't lose any show data :-)

It is very rare to see them when saving a show, but they are possible. Most likely it will be something you did recently, it could be the new fixtures, or it could just be a recorded memory that somehow got corrupted, most likely when being edited.

There is not much you can do expect to try deleting the latest memories that were recorded and see if that helps.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users