2 replies to this topic

#1 Virus3280

Virus3280

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

Hi there,

The companies previous art-net node recently died and the company decided to replace it with an LSC Nexus 5.

Problem is, I've never actually set-up an art-net node before and to make matters worse (no offense) the Nexlan software is far from user friendly.

Anyway, I am actually having trouble getting the node to anything that I need it to do. I have set it up with an IP address of 2.17.1.172 while the desk is set to 2.17.1.170. The first port is set to Output, Single, 00 Art-Net, yet I cannot get the node to pass dmx. I'm not even sure if the desk and the node are talking to each other. Further, if I set the output mode to "Out Zero" I still cannot get any dmx out of the port like the Manual said that it should.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated here. Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 Virus3280

Virus3280

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

I should also note that my computer is plugged into Input B while the desk is plugged into A

#3 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:09 PM

Problem solved via a couple of phone calls.

There were a couple of issues.

1) The IP address of the computer running Nexlan was not in the 2.xxx.xxx.xxx range.

2) In NexLAN you need to push the configuration to the devices after making changes (Press the [Update Network Items] button. The user was not aware of this, so the changes were not being sent to the Nexus unit.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users