1 reply to this topic

#1 holger

holger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:55 PM

Hi everybody,

I am using a Maxim XLP PatPad console and was trying to employ a simple RGB 5050 LED strip with a 3channel RGB LED controller from Lixada (Made in PRC).

If the LED controller is controlled by three Faders (three DMX channels), everything works fine. I can set scenes, apply fader times, save scenes and playback these scenes from a stack. Fading times are properly reflected in playback mode. However this takes three faders for individual control of one LED controller

I was trying to use the PatPad as this would only consume one fader per fixture. If I am using the Generic RGB template from the library to control the LED controller via the PatPad, the following problem appears: 

Playback of saved scenes does not reflect the set and saved fading times. The LEDs will change their colors instantly in a spilt second and do not observe the desired and set/saved fade timings.

Am I using the wrong template?

Greatful for advice.

Regards,

Holger

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

Hi Holger,

The PaTPad is very powerful and allows each parameter to have its own individual fade time. These times are DIFFERENT to the intensity fade times that work for the yellow silders. They are currently set to Zero, so the colours snap. You can set them to anything you want on the PaTPad.

Just press and hold the PM button for the parameter down for >1 sec and you will see the Times controls.

For more details - Please download the v3.0 user manual and look at;

Section 14.11 Parameter Times on page 40.

Section 16.6   Parameter Times on page 45.

Section 16.6.1 Default Parameter Times on page 45.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users