Photo

Presets For Gobos And Color Wheels (Fix Colors)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gondor

Gondor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:15 AM

Espi, on 16 Sept 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Hello,

A lot of moving lights and scanners have color wheels. A slider for the color wheel (and also gobo wheel) is not usefull, because you must search for colors and gobos. It will be a better solution, to have additional softbuttons for direct Access, like the gels. Maybe for the most common 7...10 Colors and gobos. (or "connect" a dmx-value of the Color dmx-channel to the gels-colors?)

Are there any plans?

brg

Peter

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:12 AM

Hi Richie,

i think an easy way is a User 
PRESET Page. 24/48 Buttons that we can only rename (Gobo1, Stars, Blue, Red Cirkel) the Button Store only a Cue/Szene of Colorwheel, Gobowheel etc.

Hello 

We also miss Presets for Gobos , Color  Wheels (fix colors) etc.

What is the status and the outlook?

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:35 PM

The Mantra is an 'entry level' console designed specifically for non-lighting people to use (school teachers, volunteers, etc). Therefore we have focussed the software on being very easy to use and not to have all the advanced features of Clarity.

Presets are one thing we deliberately left out fo the software, as we have learnt that most entry level users do not understand nor use presets. They actually find them very confusing.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#3 Gondor

Gondor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:58 AM

Thanks for your frank answer.

We have focussed the software on being very easy to use and not to have all the advanced features of Clarity.

Presets are one thing we deliberately left out fo the software,

OK, I understand.

The Mantra is an 'entry level' console designed specifically for non-lighting people to use (school teachers, volunteers, etc). 

In oder to manage expectations, it would be worthwile mentioning here:

http://www.lsclighti...oles/mantralite

most entry level users do not understand nor use presets. They actually find them very confusing.

Having 20 years with various controllers and consoles - and explaining simple users to use them, I personally disagree with that:

You get lost sliding around in a small feature slider, finding the correct one within 255 DMX values.
A Preset Button is helpful.

#4 Gondor

Gondor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:16 AM

Is there a "work-around" (best practice) for the lack of PRESETS ?

#5 Greg Hughes

Greg Hughes

• Staff
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

Hi Gondor,

I have set up quite a few Mantra base shows for different level users and the workaround I suggest is to use one of the Playback pages as a Preset Page.

I create a 'colour' cue list from the Colour wheel and name each cue accordingly. I then set up separate cue lists for gobo's, positions, and even intensities, again naming each cue as desired.

I then filter each cue list accordingly and have the ability to select any prerecorded colour, position, gobo etc, and then I bring up the intensity cue list and I have the desired look.

I use the 'preset' cue page as base info, and record actual cues for shows into a different page.

This also works if you need specific colour temperatures - a cue list can have 2700K, 3000k, 3500k etc and you simply advance to the desired filtered cue.

A limitation (because this is a base level console) is that you cannot filter for something like gobo rotation speed - all Beam parameters will play back when you filter for Beam. 

However, you can include animations/shapes as part of the filtered cue list - so if you want the Stars gobo, in Red, moving slowly around the stage at a prerecorded intensity, you would simply advance the Colour cue list to Red, the Beam cue list to Stars, the Position cue list to the Animation, and the Intensity cue list to the desired level.

#6 Gondor

Gondor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:05 AM

Thanks, Greg
for your detailed suggestion and description - that makes / takes the best out of Mantra  :)

One question back upfront:

Do you mean with "filter" the Intensity, Colour, Position and Beam [ I C P ] Attributes, which were introduced with Sofware Release v1.30 ?

#7 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:34 PM

Yes, Greg is talking about the 'filter' function introduced in v1.30.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users