• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Brown

Bill Brown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

Any assistance would be most appreciated - we are currently running Clarity 1.3 (I know - ancient! But when it works, tend to not touch it haha) on and even more ancient Windows Vista machine?!  As the desktop is beginning to finally fail, I need to install on our more recent system that is running Windows 7 Professional.

I can download the most recent version of Clarity, but do not know (well before my time) what the License information is that we have - and moreso how to transfer it from one system to the other.

I do have the Product Key from the old install if that would help.

Many thanks, Bill Brown

#2 Bill Brown

Bill Brown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:21 PM

additional information - we are running the Clarity Software and a QX2 controller.  I have completed the setup - copied the Show settings to the new computer, all works well.  Just need to get out of the "Demo Mode".  

The company that originally installed the software is no longer in business, and I am not aware of any USB License file.

#3 Bill Brown

Bill Brown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

more additional info - I have downloaded the latest version and have successfully setup the Show/Patches for our church service (we only use 32 fixtures / 54 channels), all works well except the Demo Mode cycles on/off, so we cannot use the software and our lighting until resolved.

Many thanks,

Bill Brown

Sam Jones Memorial United Methodist Church

Cartersville, Ga

#4 showsystems

showsystems

• Beta Testers
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:03 AM

Hi Bill,

You will need a licensed  USB dongle to unlock Clarity from Demo mode.They come in various license options and unlock varying numbers of DMX channels depending on your USB dongle.

It is purple in colour and should be in one of the USB slots in your computer.I presume it would have been plugged into your original desk top machine.

The QX2 only provides the DMX out but does not licence Clarity.

Hope this helps.

#5 Greg Hughes

Greg Hughes

• Staff
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:11 PM

The version of Clarity that Bill used was 1.32 and that was our free demo version (supposedly for a 6 month trial only). So he has never actually paid for the program Clarity. The deal was that if the computer changes, or the Clarity code changes, the the supplied free licence key would no longer work. In his case the computer died, and the new code ( 2.5.1) was installed into a new computer. So the blue Hasp key needs to be purchased to continue using Clarity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users