• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony Eden

Anthony Eden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:27 AM

The Fixture Editor is very comprehensive, but is a bit cumbersome to work with. I think a couple of little features would make a big difference:

• Search field in Slot Chooser window
    There are so many options on this screen, and it's hard to find exactly the option I need (particularly with colours). Adding a search field would be helpful (just like the Patch Fixture search box in the main Clarity application).

• Search field in Channel Chooser window
    Again, there's a ridiculously good number of options. Putting a search box here to quickly find parameters would save an extraordinary amount of time for those of us who aren't familiar with where all the options are hidden.

• "Fake" Intensity
    Some lights don't give us a dedicated Intensity/Dimmer channel, instead relying on the RGB channels to set intensity. Clarity supports this, but it doesn't seem possible to add it to a custom fixture. In the past we've had to open an existing fixture with a "fake" intensity, and use it as a starting point.

I hope this feedback is useful. Thanks for all the work you do improving Clarity.

#2 bman63

bman63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

+1

#3 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:22 PM

We are currently working on updating the fixture editor. The current one is very powerful, but was only ever designed as a stop-gap for when you could not get a fixture request done in time.

The new version will definately look after Virtual dimmers, and we will see if we can incorporate the other suggestions, or variations of them, as well.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#4 Ringen

Ringen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:39 AM

Good news Richie.

I have missed a search field in Channel Chooser too!

(Is there a system there ? It's not alphabetical..)

But I have also wondered why you could not just add your own names.

Better to select just the type of control and then name it according to the manual - or something even more meaningful.

- Ringen -

#5 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:20 AM

You cannot add your own names, as we have to use the names that Carallon provide, so that we can clone and do other clever things. The order is the order that they present them to us, but we can change it to alphabetical in the new editor. We also plan to have a 'common' list that just has the most popular items in a small list to make it easy to find.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users