• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ExcelsiaCollege

ExcelsiaCollege

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:41 AM

So, I'm rather new to Clarity, and neither myself nor the professional lighting designer who taught me this system can work out this.

We have 3 back to backs shows in a cuelist, and we've had to add cues in the middle to make sure we cover some movements that we didn't get during plotting.

The persistent problem that neither of us can work out is thus:

- If we copy the cue, add the change (a special centre stage) via edit cue or update cue then the new light added to that cue continues to track throughout every other programmed cue in the show.... All 30 remaining cues.
- We can try re-creating the cue as a new cue and moving it into place, but this is obviously not ideal when you're trying to move quickly during tech rehearsals. Even with this option we've had issues where lights have tracked into cues when moved into place.

So how do we avoid this massive time sink headache in the future. What options need to be used when editing/copying/moving cues so that these poor students that I'm trying to facilitate tech operation.

#2 bman63

bman63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:50 AM

Can you not just use the script option to play that cue from within the current cuelist?

go followed by cuelist name.

I know its not solwing the problem but maybe it will get you through the day.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 10.48.15.png   354.7KB   0 downloads

#3 Klaus Bolte

Klaus Bolte

Advanced Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:01 AM

Manual Page 163 "Cue Only" works also with update:

To insert the new cue between any existing cues, touch a cue and the new cue will be inserted before that cue. It will be automatically given an appropriate (decimal point) cue number.

To Merge or Replace and existing cue touch either Merge or Replace then touch the existing cue to be affected.

Cue Only (changes revert on next cue) is an advanced function. When you are playing back in tracking mode, there might be occasions where you want to playback a “one off” cue and you do not want the values in that cue to track into later cues in the cue-list. This is achieved by recording a cue as “cue only”. Ticking Cue only (changes revert on next cue) will record a cue that contains all of the touched values in the programmer and tag those channels for playback as “q only”. When a cue-list is played back in tracking mode, any channels that are tagged as “q only” will only affect the output state for that cue. When the next cue in the cuelist is played back, the state from the most recent (non cue only) cue is restored automatically plus any new values in the incoming cue are used. See section 42.7.5 for more details.

Merging a “cue only” cue into a non “cue only” cue, will only tag the merged values as “q only”. See section 26.5 for more details.

#4 showsystems

showsystems

• Beta Testers
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:21 AM

Are we talking movers or generic fixtures? (not that it matters).

Why don't you in the next cue after the one you have updated edit it so the fixture you are talking about is @ 0% intensity.The fixture will now track thru  @ 0% intensity until you edit the next cue it needs to be on.

If there is no change in fixture information from cue to cue yes it will track thru all following cues.

#5 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:36 AM

As Klaus said.

Set the inserted cue to CueOnly, and the problem will go away.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users