1 reply to this topic

#1 Adsplace

Adsplace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a number of fixtures changed over to LED from our existing tungsten ones in studio. Problem is, as we currently work, each night the fixtures are rigged in a different configuration for the sets for the following day. We have cues stored for each set and a corresponding rig view. Since each lamp's address is decided by the fixture, not by the outlet it's plugged into anymore, I was wondering if there's a way the fixture can have one static address and be able to patch it to a different number on the Clarity LX300 to keep cues and rig views constant.

I suspect that I will end up having to put it on to our night crew to simply change the address of each lamp as they install it, just wondering if there were other options.

Thanks.

Adam.

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:11 PM

Hi Adam,

If I understand you correctly, then yes it is easy. You can go into the Patch and drag the fixtures around to new DMX addresses. If fixture 1 is currently set to DMX address 1, then you can drag it to DMX address 17 and the cues and rig view will now be controlling DMX 17 instead of 1.

Is that what you are wanting?

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users