Lx 600 - Multiple Patch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Strauss

Strauss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Wow, where do I start! Apart from a supportive family, I love what I do!

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

Hi all, could I throw this out to the experts. I've recently upgraded all my LX consoles to SP18, and very happy. However I have just noticed an issue with "multiple patching" to outputs, IE: Universe B to both Artnet and LX 2? This has worked in prior Service Packs and I'm familiar with the process. Now, in this case I'm doing exactly the same operation, however on completion of the multiple patch Universe B disappears from the output of the LX600, I can get it back by disabling the "Multiple Patch" and just sending to either Artnet or LX2. What am I doing wrong? Is there a "bug"!

I am running the Nexlan upgrade, however I don't think that has anything to do with the situation, apart from confirming that Universe B is missing from the Artnet network???

Grant Watson (Aka - "the Doc')

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:06 PM

Hi,

Nothing has changed in Multi patch in v2.3.3, so here are a couple of things to try, in case there is a bug that has been lurking for a while that no one has noticed.

1) Reverse the order of the items in the Multi-patch. So if you had ArtNet first then the LX output, delete them and patch the LX output first followed by the ArtNet.

2) Try patching a dummy item in front of the real items. So patch an sACN as the first item (it does not matter what values you use) then add the ArtNet and LX outputs.

Please let me know if either of these work.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#3 Strauss

Strauss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Wow, where do I start! Apart from a supportive family, I love what I do!

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:08 AM

Thanks Richie,

You were "on the money" what I tried and the results.

• Having the output of a universe assigned to Artnet is fine!
  • If I then change that to "multiple" and add an "LX Port" into the mix the output of that universe shuts down!
  • If I "disable" the output, THEN add Artnet and an LX port no problem.
  • Putting Sacn into the mix does not help.
  • It appears that any changes to an output need to be done after the the out put is cleared or disabled. Then start building the "multiple outputs"

Thanks……the things you learn!

Grant Watson (Aka - "the Doc')

#4 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:12 AM

OK, so I can replicate this bad behavior.

It is now reported as a bug (Issue CLR-1515) and should be fixed in the next version.

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users