3 replies to this topic

#1 Moog99

Moog99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

Hi All,

I have a second hand Atom 12 in quite good condition, but Channel 4 in the Yellow bank doesn't seem to output DMX. The fader controls the intensity of the flash LED below so I'm partially ruling out the fact that the fader doesn't work.

When run in preset mode, Channel 4 of the Red bank works fine, so by that I'm guessing its something between the fader control and the DMX output?

The desk is also patched 1:1, so it's not that...

Cheers guys!

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Very strange.

If the LED lights then it should be going out the DMX port, particularly as the Red fader 4 controls that channel.

So a couple of things to check.

1) Have you done a Total Reset? If not then do that as maybe the patch is not doing what it says it is doing.

2) In Preset mode, record a scene with channel 4 at a level. Then switch to Scene mode and play the scene back. Does the LED on yellow flash button #4 show the level of channel 4 in the scene?

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#3 Moog99

Moog99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

Hi Richie, thanks for your reply.

I'm pretty sure that I've done both of those, and the problem still persists. Will try it again though.

I think I read somewhere that you still service the older consoles in Melbourne? Is this correct, and if so, how would I go about getting mine looked at?

#4 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Absolutely, we still service all LSC products, no matter how old. Some parts are no longer available (eg. the CPU for the Atom), but we still have faders, buttons. etc. Even the engineer who designed it is still working here, so nothing is impossible.
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users