4 replies to this topic

#1 Brodie

Brodie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:I Love Lighting!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

Just Wondering if when you use a QX1 Does it activate the free version on clarity so you do not recive the Random DBO's?

Thanks Guys
Cheers,
Brodie

Cheers, Brodie

#2 DFX

DFX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (Brodie @ 14 May 2012, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just Wondering if when you use a QX1 Does it activate the free version on clarity so you do not recive the Random DBO's?

Thanks Guys
Cheers,
Brodie

No it does not activate it you need a licence
Damien Foat DFX Productions

#3 Brodie

Brodie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:I Love Lighting!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

Thank you. If you get a vx10/20 do you still need to buy the liecence?

Cheers
Brodie
Cheers, Brodie

#4 garyP

garyP

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

Hi Brodie,

Yes you do.
The QX1/2 and VX10/20 wings will work in demo mode (no dongle) but require a dongle before they will work without random blackouts.

Gary

#5 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

So just to be totally clear.

The way Clarity works is that you can buy any combination of hardware and software.

So you ALWAYS need a CT/? software license, no matter what, if any, hardware that you buy.

We do this for two reasons.

1) Some people do not want any hardware, as they use a touchscreen computer and Art-Net, so all they want to buy is a software license.

2) Some users will want to control surface provided by a VX wing, but have no need for the full number of DMX slots that the 4 DMX connectors can provide. So they can by a VX20 with just 500 channels at a much lower price than a VX20 with 2,000 channels.

3) You can run multiple licenses. Clarity is unique in the ability to run multiple software licenses on one machine. So a hire company may purchase 2 x CT/1 licenses (500 channels each) and 1 x VX20 + 1 x VX10 wing. Then they can hire this out as 2 x separate 500 channel systems, or by plugging the two HASP keys into one computer they can send it out as a single 1,000 channel with either the VX20 or the VX10 or both.

4) The software license is for channels, not DMX universes. So if you use a CT/1 (500 channel) license with a VX20, you are not limited to using only one of the DMX connectors on the rear panel. You can patch 100 channels to DMX-A, then 64 channels to DMX-B, 50 channels to DMX-C, 200 channels to DMX-D and still have the option of sending the remaining channels via Art-Net.

(So I guess that is 4 not 2 reasons)
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users