7 replies to this topic

#1 edwardmw

edwardmw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

Hi Guys,
New laptop machine, Windows 7 -64 bit. The QX 2 driver is not working. Tried the recomendations on the LSC Forum QX 2/4 thread, driver and everything else recomended by LSC. We had a couple of our IT guys try as well, some very knowledgable computer guys, no one could get the QX2 to work. So I plugged in my Enttec USB Pro Device and it worked first try, no driver issues or anything like that, just plug it in and Clarity sees it, and it works. I have 2 Enttec USB Pros, so I plug the second one in and Clarity sees it right away, no problems. What is going on here? Can you guys check your driver downloads and updates and see if they are a proper download. The date of your thread is way back in Nov 2009. We kept getting error messages when trying to download and extract the files. Can you send me a link to a current, correct driver download. I find it a little disappointing that I purchased a QX2 and end up having to use the Enttec USB Pro for a gig and would like to get this configured as soon as possible. Help please.
Thanks,
Ed W

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

Hi Ed,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the QX node.

The reason that the thread on the forum is so old is that we solved all the problems with the QX drivers ages ago and we have not had any issues since that date. There is nothing you need to download, all the 32 and 64 bit drivers are automatically installed when you install the Clarity software.

So I am suspecting maybe a hardware issue or a driver conflict.

1) What colour is the LED on the USB port of the QX2?

2) Can you please go into Device Manager (right click on the Computer icon on your desktop, select Manage, and the Device Manager). Can you see any 'unknown USB device' (or other device) appear in the list as you plug the QX2 in and out?

Once you answer these questions I am sure we will get you working quite quickly.
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#3 edwardmw

edwardmw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

Hi ,
The led is green as I plug into the usb port. In device manager, it does recognize and say VX/QX2 node, and it states device is working properly. Still the option for QX2 in the patch dropdown is not there. The only options are artnet and disable. We have tried everything we can think of for about 3 hours last night and could not get it to appear as an option in the dropdown. Sould I reinstall Clarity? All other functions work fine with the Enttec.
Thanks,
Ed

#4 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

Hi Edward,

OK so the problem is nothing to do with the windows drivers for the QX node.

Please confirm whether the LED is steady or flashing Green.

I am currently a bit stumped as to what the problem could be, if Windows sees the unit in Device manager then Clarity should also see it.

Do you get a pop-up message in the task bar when you hot plug/unplug the QX2 node?

Also please go to the Show menu and select the "about" option and see if the QX2 is listed (see sample below). The QX2 should appear and disappear live in this window as you plug it in and out.

The only other thing to try is to plug in a DC power supply to the QX2 and see if that makes a difference. The QX2 is designed not to need a PSU, but we also now that some computers do not supply enough power (as specified by the USB standard) on the USB port and that some USB cables can limit the current available - so we added a PSU input in case of this situation.

Attached Files

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#5 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Just one other thing, please confirm which version of Clarity you are using.
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#6 edwardmw

edwardmw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:18 AM

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. The LED is solid green when it is plugged into the USB. Clarity version 1.3.1 r 2492
Library version 6.6 82. I just downloaded it the other day so i expect it would be the most current version. It is not showing up in the about clarity box. It does show up in my device manager as QX2 . The USB and all other functions of the computer are very good, brand new computer. Use Vectorworks, ESP Vision, 3ds Max all with no problems. It is not an option or available in the patch dropdown
Thanks Ed

#7 edwardmw

edwardmw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

Device Manager says "This device is working properly" but I still connot see it as an option in the patch dropdown ofr the about clarity or in the taskbar.
Thanks,
Ed

#8 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

So I suspect two things.

1) The power from the USB port is not enough for the QX to talk to Clarity. This could explain why it works fine on one computer and not the other.

Please test it with a PSU as per the previous post.

The only other thing to try is to plug in a DC power supply to the QX2 and see if that makes a difference. The QX2 is designed not to need a PSU, but we also now that some computers do not supply enough power (as specified by the USB standard) on the USB port and that some USB cables can limit the current available - so we added a PSU input in case of this situation.

2) The firmware in the QX node. Please plug it into the old computer and use the About box in Clarity to find out what firmware is installed. If it is older than v1.13 it needs to be updated.

Also please answer this question from before.

Do you get a pop-up message in the task bar when you hot plug/unplug the QX2 node?

Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users