• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 woody

woody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

I've downloaded Clarity for Mac; registered for Free Version; purchased a QX2; installed HASP software; shut down the computer; plugged in the QX2 to the computer and 5 pin DMX cable from QX2 to my fixtures in series with a terminator at the last fixture; turned on my MAC 250 Entours; assigned "enhanced" addresses; selected enhanced mode; selected "auto on" so the lamps can be turned on by a controller; turned on my computer and loaded Clarity; patched my four fixtures with the same addresses as I selected on the fixtures; chose QX2 -1 connectivity; in Programmer, with ALL fixtures selected, I Ctrl down to "lamp on"; begin setting attributes and nothing happens. I've even programmed a few cues and played them back and nothing happens.

My diagnosis is that there is not a DMX signal being created. There is a green light on the QX2 at the USB connection. The lights next to the DMX cable on the QX2 are not on. The DMX indicator light is NOT on on my fixtures. FYI: the QX2 was not shipped with a power supply. I ran Hasp Diagnostics and the unit is not identified on HASP Keys.

What do I need to do?

#2 NickD

NickD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

Hi Woody

I think you might need to update the firmware on the QX - you should find the updater tool here: http://www.lsclighti...s-and-VX-Wings/

NB I haven't done this myself lately so am unsure of the exact process - but I think there should be versions for PC and Mac.

Regards,
Nick
OpenClear Pty Ltd
Nick Denville
Technical Director
www.openclear.com.au

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users