• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teamchurch

teamchurch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

First of all, I'm not super-technical when it comes to the ins and outs of this board.

Problems: all of the sudden, we encountered flickering in some fixtures. I went through the normal trouble-shooting proceedures (changed cable, changed dmx address, changed fixture, even changed power source) still have same flickering in position on dmx daisy chain. Yesterday, in some chase scenes we noticed lights not cross-fading properly, instead they were going something like 0% to 33% to 66% to 100%, then back down. Not smooth. The monitor readout was showing the same thing. Not smooth. Now the kicker. In WIDE mode, when I manually push faders, they also "jerk" up. Although I'm pushing the fader smoothly, the lights and monitor display "jerk" incrementally in levels. The board is also not responsive to my touch. For example, when I push something like "function" or "edit", the buttons usually don't respond right away. I'm now having to push the buttons several times until they respond. This leads me to believe it's in the board, not the fixtures or cabling.

Today I tried resetting the board, and resetting the patches. It didn't help.
Any suggestions? I'm dead in the water with a show on Wednesday.

Brad

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

Hi Brad,

I have just e-mailed with a list of ideas to check.

It may be DMX cable issues, or a hardware problem, or a blown DMX receiver in one of the lights in the rig. So the e-mail gives you detailed information of what to go thru and test.
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users