Wendtlight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

Hi LSC TechSupport

Thank you for the Visualiser.

but it dont work on my Vista Laptop.

I installed the Loopbacker (manual by microsoft.com) and make all other steps, but i dont see anything

please can you help me, i will see the functions of clarity (visual)

thank you

best Regards

Alex

Ps: sorry for my school english rolleyes.gif

#2 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Interests:My wife and two daughters, Water skiing, Sleeping :-)

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

OK so I need a bit more information to work out what the problem is.

1) Does the Visualiser start or crash? If it crashes what error message do you see?

1a) Do you get any warning messages when the Visualiser starts?

2) If the Visualiser starts OK, so you see a dark stage with a band and a ground support truss system?

3) Have you loaded the demo show into Clarity OK?
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#3 Wendtlight

Wendtlight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (LSC TechSupport @ 4 Dec 2009, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK so I need a bit more information to work out what the problem is.

1) Does the Visualiser start or crash? If it crashes what error message do you see?

1a) Do you get any warning messages when the Visualiser starts?

2) If the Visualiser starts OK, so you see a dark stage with a band and a ground support truss system?

3) Have you loaded the demo show into Clarity OK?

1) the Visualiser Start an i see the dark stage with a band

1a) I see no warning massage or so on

2) i see the stage

3) I loaded the demo show in Clarity

the patch is like step 4 in your "manual" and i can see many palletts.

thx

#4 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

What Firewall software are you running?

The first time you started the Virtual Lighting Show you should have seen a pop-up box asking for permission so that "Clarity Rock and Roll Show" could access the internet. Did you say YES to this? If not then you will need to go into your firewall software and change the settings.

As a quick check we suggest that you disconnect your computer from any networks and then disable any firewall and anti-virus software and then test and see if Clarity can talk to the Virtual lighting show.
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#5 Andrei

Andrei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:50 AM

Hi Wendtlight

I had a similar problem tonight and the key for me was disconnecting from all other networks as the loopback adaptor will ONLY work if your computer does not already have an IP address. If you are connected to a wireless network for example, your computer will already have an IP address from that network connection and Capture will automatically use this (and Clarity and Capture will not work on the same PC).

Just go into your control panel and disable all other network adaptors apart from the Loopback Adaptor and you should be all good.

If that does not work, you can go one step further which is what I had to do (since I already had Capture installed on my computer) and configure Capture to specifically use the Loopback adaptor as the exe file you download still looks at these settings if you have Capture already installed on your computer. Note: even if you do change the Capture settings to specifically use the Loopback adaptor, you still must disable all the other networks as again, windows will only recognise the loopback adaptor and use its IP address if your computer does not already have an IP address.

The above worked for me and was a quick 2 second fix to the problem I was having.

Andrei

#6 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

Hi all,

I have closed the first post to replies, to keep things neat.

So if you have any problems with getting the Virtual Lighting Show to work then please post your questions here.
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#7 NickD

NickD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Andrei @ 7 Dec 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a similar problem tonight and the key for me was disconnecting from all other networks as the loopback adaptor will ONLY work if your computer does not already have an IP address. If you are connected to a wireless network for example, your computer will already have an IP address from that network connection and Capture will automatically use this (and Clarity and Capture will not work on the same PC).

Just to clarify - you can use Capture and Clarity on the same PC, though we don't recommend it due for performance reasons as visualisers are generally very demanding on the CPU. You might need to go into Capture's preferences and specify which network adapter it should use: within Capture, select Tools, Options and then Connectivity and in the drop-down select your main network interface. I've attached a screenshot if that helps.

Best regards,
Nick

Attached Files

OpenClear Pty Ltd
Nick Denville
Technical Director
www.openclear.com.au

#8 Wendtlight

Wendtlight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

Hello Andrei and LSC TechSupport

thank you for your help.

but it dont work:(

i disconnectet from all networks (lan /i dont have wlan here but i deactived the adapter) deactivate my firewall and my antivirus software.

i remove capture from my hard drive.

but i cant see anything.

when i start claritiy it comes a "warning" thats a demo and i can use "only" 128 channels and 32 fixtures.

so i test clarity with the visualizer with the first 2 mac 300 because they are patch of universe A 001....

but nothing

@ Techsupport

when i start "Clarity Rock and Roll Show" i DONT see any warning because the internet. The .exe starts in few seconds.

thank you very much for your hep

Wendtlight

#9 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:13 PM

OK, so part of the problem is that your 30 demo period has expired. This means that instead of the full 128 universes of DMX you are only getting the first 128 DMX slots.

However your logic that this means DMX 001 - 128 is what is causing the problem. It can be ANY 128 DMX slots, in any universe. So you could patch 28 slots at DMX addresses 101-128 in Universe A and then the next 100 DMX slots to DMX addresses 356-456 in Universe C and it would work. However anything you patched after these 1st 128 slots would NOT work.

So to get the free 128 slots working in the demo show you need to know which lights were patched first. This is easy to work out as they will be the first fixtures in the left hand pane of the Programmer window.

So in this case it is the Clay Paky Stagescan units. Try grabbing the first 6 units and see if they work. I am guessing that they will :-)
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#10 Wendtlight

Wendtlight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:19 PM

i can see the stage scans biggrin.gif

LSC Techsupport you my Hero...thank you very very much....and sorry for the trouble with me biggrin.gif

#11 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

Hi Wendtlight,

No problems.

We are glad to be of service to you.
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#12 Rohan Wright

Rohan Wright

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:07 AM

Hi Im having issues downloading the Virtual Lighting Show.
when i download the file it tells me its corrupt.
i have tried redownloading and on different computers.

#13 LSC TechSupport

LSC TechSupport

Guru

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

Hi Rohan,

I have spent some time playing and think that I have found the problem. It took a long time to find, as I tested 5 different computers and only the last one had the problem.

If I use Win7 64bit and IE8 then the download fails. If I use Google Chrome on the same machine it works fine.

Please confirm that you have the same OS and web browser, then try using Chrome or Firefox instead of IE8 and let us know if it works.

Meanwhile we will see if there is an update for our webserver software to fix the problem.
Regards
Richie Mickan
TechSupport
LSC Lighting Systems
LSC Web Site
Email me

#14 mdsaudio

mdsaudio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (LSC TechSupport @ 2 Jun 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Rohan,

I have spent some time playing and think that I have found the problem. It took a long time to find, as I tested 5 different computers and only the last one had the problem.

If I use Win7 64bit and IE8 then the download fails. If I use Google Chrome on the same machine it works fine.

Please confirm that you have the same OS and web browser, then try using Chrome or Firefox instead of IE8 and let us know if it works.

Meanwhile we will see if there is an update for our webserver software to fix the problem.

I can't get it to work either.
I'm getting the same message telling me the .exe file is corrupt! I'm using XP and ie8.
maybe ie8 is the problem regardless of which version of windows is being used?
Darren

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users